Arriving to Lausanne is convenient by train, plane, and car.
Nearby International Airports
Arriving by Train from Other European Cities
Free Public Transportation for Visitors
By staying in a hotel in Lausanne, you gain free and unrestricted access to Lausanne's public transportation. The Lausanne Transport Card is available in every hotel.
Lausanne City Map
Getting to Lausanne
- From the Geneva airport you will take train to Lausanne.
- There are 3-4 trains every hour to Lausanne leaving directly from the airport.
- It takes approximately 40-45 minutes.
- You must buy tickets before boarding the train.
- The ticket machines area available at the luggage pickup area (at the exit) and at the train station.
- You can also buy tickets at the ticket office (at the train station). You can also buy tickets at https://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html (this is advisable)
- The tickets are valid all day, you do not need a specific reservation and you do not buy ticket for a particular train, they are valid for all trains.
- You may buy 1st or 2nd class tickets.
When you arrive to Lausanne, take taxi to your Hotel. If your Hotel is at EPFL campus (Swiss Tech hotel or Starling) then you may either take taxi or Metro from the Lausanne Train station to EPFL (take metro M2 to Flon (1 station) then Metro M1 to EPFL (about 10 stations or 20 minutes).